Juliana never fails to surprise. Today she has announced an unexpected left field idea of offering a customised personal song for $1000. Yes, you have just read that.
The full details in Juliana's own words are at her official site, where orders are being taken. UPDATE - MAY 12 2010 - Juliana is no longer taking orders.
The key points are:
- send some personal info and Juliana will tailor-make a song for you
- songs will be ‘mostly acoustic style’
- songs sent by mail in personalised hand painted cardboard CD sleeve
- $1000 cost on first-come first-served basis, capped at 20
- $10 ‘lottery ticket’ option for one chance to win the same deal
- songs intended solely for recipients, not planned for future release
This offer is intended to help fund two unspecified future projects and a third, which Juliana tantalisingly says...
"..involves gathering together some of my vast unreleased archives."
This idea is a little eccentric and intriguing. It will also no doubt induce panic among the most compulsively voracious of collectors! Nonetheless we now know that a) Juliana is still writing new songs and b) there is a “vast” number of old unheard songs she wants to do something with. Therefore the best news reported on these pages this year.